In connection with the new Personal Data Protection Regulation commonly known as GDPR, we provide below some important information regarding the rules of processing personal data in our Company.
What is GDPR?
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016, in force since May 25, 2018, introducing new provisions in the field of Customers' rights.
Who is the Administrator of your Personal Data?
The Administrator of your Personal Data and the data of persons authorized to drive the vehicle is CarFree Sp. z o. o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, ul. Cybernetyki 13A, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs of the National Court Register under KRS number: 0000556022, TIN number: 5213695626, REGON number: 36138861600000 (hereinafter referred to as Renter).
What data is collected?
During the booking process: During the car reservation process we ask for:
- phone number,
- email address.
This information is necessary to complete the car reservation process.
In addition, if you have chosen to pay by card when making the reservation, we will also ask you to provide:
- credit card type,
- card number,
- card validity date
so that we can process the payment for the service.
Confirmation of the booking also requires a number of details about the vehicle user:
- Name and surname,
- PESEL number,
- Residence address,
- Identity document number,
- Driving licence number (No. 5 in the document)
Or scans of the following documents:
- Identity document (identity card or driving licence)
- Driving licences of the car users
The above mentioned personal data will be stored in our customer database. This will enable us to process future bookings more efficiently.
Where can we get your personal data from?
- Directly from you,
- From your employer, co-worker or other person with whom you cooperate,
- From third parties with whom you have entered into a contract and the data provided is necessary for the preparation or provision of a service.
What is the purpose of collecting and processing your personal data?
The collection of your personal data and its further processing is necessary for:
- Preparation and execution of the contract with you,
- Performing the prepared contract,
- Cooperation with our partners,
- Enabling the handling of payment cards,
- Enabling contact between you and our Company, in particular to facilitate the contact regarding your queries, comments and problems.
Your personal data may also be processed to:
- fulfill a legal obligation (keeping contracts, invoices, books of account),
- prevent criminal offences and to prevent the use of our services in an inappropriate manner, contrary to the law and our terms and conditions,
- assert and protect against claims, including, but not limited to, debt collection,
- comply with orders of courts, the law, the police and other governmental authorities,
- keep business contacts within the legitimate interest of the administrator,
- analyze our business for development, statistics and archiving purposes.
Your personal data may also be processed for marketing purposes, mainly for sending offers and advertising messages.
Remember that all data is provided voluntarily, but it is the basis to conclude the Contract between you and our Company.
How long will your data be processed?
The personal data collected from you is processed for the period of performance of contracts and obligations, the period of limitation of claims under the law and the period of retention of documents for tax and accounting purposes.
Can you refuse to provide your personal data?
Refusal to provide your personal data is equivalent to the resignation from concluding a Contract with our Company. Personal data is always provided voluntarily, but it is necessary to execute and perform the contract.
In case of failure to provide data for marketing purposes, the consequence may be lack of contact to provide you with offers and advertising messages.
There are cases in which the law requires us to collect necessary data from you, such as: court decisions, police, tax or accounting reasons.
What are your rights?
In accordance with the current regulations regarding GDPR, we guarantee you the following rights:
- Access to the data you have submitted,
- Correction and update your data,
- Data portability,
- Data deletion
- Restriction of data processing,
- Opposing data processing,
- Withdrawal of consent to data processing.
To exercise your rights, please contact us via email at: email@example.com.
Is your data shared or transferred?
Recipients of your data may be persons authorized by CarFree to process personal data - our employees, associates, partners, suppliers, service providers, authorities authorized by law to obtain information about personal data (e.g. Police). The data is transferred only for the purpose of performing and providing our services to the extent necessary for a given activity.
Remember that by concluding a Rental Contract with CarFree Sp. z o. o , the Renter and the person authorized to drive the vehicle agree to have their personal data processed for the purpose of providing electronic services, vehicle rental services and for marketing purposes.
If there are any legal or regulatory changes within our company regarding the processing of personal data, these will be updated on a regular basis. All information will be posted on our website, carfree.co.uk