1. Is it necessary to pay a security deposit when renting a car?
We do not charge a deposit for car rental, including replacement cars from the perpetrator's civil liability insurance. If the customer does not have Polish citizenship, we charge a deposit up to 1500 PLN for cars from segments B, C, C+automatic, Crossover, C + (Kombi), D, D+automatic, , SUV, MVan, P, R, R+automatic segments. In the case of the Premium segment the deposit is always charged in the amount of PLN 3,000.
2. How is the matter of fuel and refueling solved?
The car must be returned with the same fuel level as you have received it.
3. What are the car rental requirements and age limit?
The requirements for renting a car are that the driver must be at least 21 years old and have a driving license for at least one year.
4. What documents are needed to rent a car?
A valid driving license confirming the right to drive a car is required as well as a second identity document: ID card or passport.
5. Can I rent a car with a driving license from another country?
The validity of driving licenses in Poland is governed by EU regulations for all EU countries and the provisions of the Vienna Convention for other countries. Holders of a license other than those mentioned above must present an international driving license.
6. Do you deliver the cars to the airports?
Yes. It is the customer who decides where to pick up the car. We deliver our cars across Poland, both to airports, stations and to the address indicated by the customer.
7. How much does it cost to rent a car with CarFree?
When booking a car via the form on the website, you can see the total cost of the booking.
8. Are CarFree cars insured?
Yes, all our cars have the necessary insurance: Comprehensive Cover, Liability insurance, Travel assistance
9. Is there a mileage limit?
There is no mileage limit for short-term bookings of up to 30 days. The mileage limit applies to medium-term rentals from a minimum of one month. The standard value is 3000 kilometers, the limit is increased at the customer's request.
10. What is the cost of car delivery?
When renting for up to 3 days, the additional fee is PLN 160. From 3 days up, pickup at the airports and at our offices is free. The price of delivery in other locations depends on the duration of the reservation. Preparation fee for reservation is 50 PLN.
11. How does the car pickup look like?
In advance of the pickup, our representative will contact the customer by phone to determine the location of the delivery. They will have both a ready contract and a vehicle handover protocol. The renting party signs the above-mentioned documents during the handover of the vehicle.
12. Can I rent a child safety seat?
Yes. We offer accessories that may be useful during the trip, both GPS and child safety seats in various weight ranges.
13. How can I pay for my booking?
There are 3 ways to pay for the booking:
- With portal "Przelewy 24", this function is available in the customer panel
- Through traditional transfer to the account 90 8520 0007 2002 2002 2790 0001
14. Can the car be driven by a person other than the one renting it?
Yes, as long as they are at least 21 years old and have had their driving license for at least one year. However, an additional driver must be registered when booking either online or by phone. Their driving license must be presented along with the hirer’s at the time of the vehicle pick up.
15. Can you travel outside of Poland?
Yes, however, you can only travel to the countries of the EU. To take our car for a trip outside the Polish borders you need to select “a trip outside the country” during the online booking or by phone notification at +48 794 500 550 no later than 24 hours before picking up the vehicle.
16. What should be done in the event of a collision and what are the costs of the hirer?
Secure the vehicle, call the police to the scene and contact our office as soon as possible. In order to avoid high costs related to car repair, we offer additional insurance - cancellation of participation in the damage, thanks to which the customer is not charged with the costs of repair.
17. Can I extend my car rental?
Yes. You need to inform our consultant about this fact no later than one day before the end of the rental period specified in the contract. You will have to pay for the extension of the rental period in advance with:
- online transfers
18. What if after the collision the car is no longer suitable for further driving or has broken down?
Please contact us and we will provide the necessary assistance. In the event of a collision, if the car is unfit for further driving, we will provide a replacement car.